Honey Lime Grilled Cilantro Chicken



If you know anything about me, you know I don't cook.  I don't like it.  I just don't like one thing about it.  I don't like prepping food, I don't like making sure it is fully cooked or being responsible for the possibility of giving someone salmonella.  Most of all, I don't like the anticipation of seeing the looks on everyone's faces as they act like they are enjoying the ridiculously gross item I just cooked them.

Despite this, not cooking my own meals has been detrimental to my wallet and my temple {i.e. my body}.  I can not eat out every meal any longer, so I've been on the hunt for healthy, easy recipes to meal prep each week.

As I was scouring the crack cocaine of the inter-webs I so fondly refer to as Pinterest, I came across this little gem...Honey Lime Grilled Cilantro Chicken.  The recipe I found was actually made with chicken breasts, but I chose to modify it a little and make mine with chicken wings.  When I make chicken breasts, they always tend to be a little dry for me.  I much prefer a thigh or wing.

I've added the recipe below for your cooking pleasure!  


Honey Lime Grilled Cilantro Chicken

Ingredients 
2 lbs Chicken Breast {boneless, skinless}
1/2 Cup Cilantro
2 Garlic Cloves 
1/2 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup Lime Juice
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Olive Oil    

{BTW...a little side note, looking at these ingredients as I am typing this, I realized that I forgot to add a few...insert eye roll here.  Good news is, they still tasted delicious!}

Instructions
1. Put chicken in a Ziploc bag.
2. In a small bowl combine lime juice, honey, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper. Pour the sauce over the chicken and seal the bag and let marinade for 3 hours or overnight.
3. You can cook the chicken on a grill, or in the oven as I did. 

If you choose to grill them, preheat your grill to medium high heat. Grill each side of the chicken for about 3-4 minutes or until cooked throughout and no longer pink.

Again, I cooked mine for 45 minutes on 350, but I think that will vary with your specific oven.  Check it as you go!  

You don't want some sort of meat disease!

No comments :

Post a Comment